Friday, June 12, 2009

Feeding Frenzy

I had such a great time last Saturday that I relaxed on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I just kept relaxing til today. I didn't mean to do that but the rain kept coming down and I just didn't get out the door during the moments of dry weather and the week is over. I did do 10 push ups on Thursday though--I was reliving my workouts of March and April and wanted to see if I could still do a push up. But I did move still--I moved from the refrigerator to the table to the cupboard, back to the fridge and so on. I was so hungry on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and that seemed to be the theme for this week. Eating and more eating. I'm sure my body needed a little replenishing of liquid and food but good gravy I topped off the tank and then some.
I'll just pick myself up and get back on the bike tomorrow. Scott and I are riding in the Tour de Cure in Brigham City. We are scheduled to ride 103 miles starting at 7:30am. That means an early wake up call and out the door at 5:30am to get there on time. Hopefully the rain will be minimal and Cole won't call us with any emergency diaper changing problems and we'll have a good ride. Cole will be babysitting Jack all day. This might make us ride faster or cut the ride short a little. Jack is quite a handful these days. He likes to put things in the oven and leave them there. Two days ago a flickering light caught the corner of my eye and we had a fire in the oven. Jack had left Scott's electric razor and an old glow stick in the oven and I had turned it on to bake and the liquid from the glow stick apparently is flammable when it reaches 350 degrees. Not to worry though the flames burned out when the liquid was gone.
Just lot's of excitment at the Roberts this week---a fire, a fireball child that never burns all of his energy and a raging "hungry" forest fire that luckily has burned out but it took til Thursday to get it under control---massive damage to my weight loss plan but we'll rise from the ashes and start anew.
Kudos to Christi for swimming a mile. Incredible. Congratulations Laura for catching the running bug--when you start missing your run you've got it. Jaime, I wish I was playing soccer with you guys but I'm not organized enough to play and take care of the family and house and ride. Maybe that can be my incentive for next year. I miss playing soccer.
Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully you won't see me on the news being washed away down the road from the rain.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hope everything goes okay on your ride. The oven fire is funny. Wow, you've got to write that one in his journal. A story to tell at his wedding breakfast. I may not be making sense since I have two kids on my lap right now. lol.