Friday, April 17, 2009

Sun Salutations

Warmest greetings and salutations to the sun. I've been waiting sooooo long that I almost made a side trip to a padded room. This week has been long and dark. I should have been exercising inside (I did once) but the cold and lack of sunshine just sucked it out of me. I am feeling new energy already. I found a picture of a cyclist that I have posted on my fridge with a little sign that says "Runinspired." With running and cycling I intend to look like my cycling picture before my big 40. I'll end the week on a good note. I'm doing a P90 upper body weight workout plus a run tomorrow in the beautiful sunshine--maybe throw in a ride too! I have three weeks before my 5K so let's hope for lots of golden rays so I can run outside.
I'm going to send out an email that has an attachment of the training schedule I'll use. I tried posting it but it is beyond my capabilities--it shrunk and cut half of it off. I think my computer was messing with my head. Dang blasted machine.
I did have one victorious moment this last week---I threw out all the easter candy(except one chocolate bunny) and I let it remain in the garbage. (Yes I'll admitt , that hasn't stopped me before) Sad Sad Sad. I overcame the temptation and took it out to the big garbage so it is gone forever!!! Baby steps will lead to giant leaps!!!
May the sun warm your heart and kiss your brow.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Hi guys. I'm putting this comment on half-heartedly. Will it work?- I just don't know. In case it does - thanks Nanci for the schedule. I really want to do Hobblecreek & I'm just a bit nervous to commit to it.
I ran with Sara (Clement) in St. George last week and felt pretty good. They are doing the Wasatch Back. Johanna blew out her one remaining good ankle so they were saying I should fill in for her. Ha Ha Ha. I'd be such an asset to the team. Anyway we need to chat and maybe get together to do a run (walk!) this week. I hope you guys get this. My marathon seems to be just figuring out this blog.