Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back on the Wagon

I exercised today. It was wonderful. I did my 30 minute run and then P90X workout. Cole is home for a couple of days so I was able to go run without Jack and the jogger. Wow--I can move much faster without the jogger. It is so liberating to feel your muscles move and become stronger each time. I will keep running just 30 minutes each time for the rest of this month (no matter if I feel like superwoman) to build my base. Hopefully by the end of the month 30 minutes of running will equate to at least 3 miles (I'm hoping 3.2/5K). Each week I should get stronger and faster so I can easily run 10 minute miles. My goal is to run avg 9 min miles. That is a great pace for me to talk, laugh and enjoy the run. As competitive as I have been in my life I know that I won't be in the money on any race I run and that's ok. I'm doing this for me. As much as I don't want to be a Tony Horton groupie (P90X guy) he does have a saying that I really like "do your best and forget the rest" and of course "bring it." So I'm going to "bring it" and "forget the rest." I feel great today, I'm going to enjoy the moment and take the kiddies to see a movie. Have a great day everyone.

No comments: