Monday, May 4, 2009

The other race is off!!

I drug my feet to long (maybe deep down on purpose) trying to tell myself I can do this and now it is too late. The Hobble creek half marathon registration is closed. They reached the 1200 cap in a day and a half. This morning I went to sign up and it a note said that by 10:30pm on May 1st they had reached 900 and anticipated they would reach their cap by the next day.
I got on their website several times on Friday and I could not commit. I want to be well prepared for my bike races and well prepared for running and I'm not getting out of bed early enough to do both running and riding. Monday morning I was determined to make the commitment but the choice was already made for me. Last year it took three and 1/2 weeks to fill the registration so I really thought I was ok taking 4 days to decide. Jaime or Laura if you signed up I will be their to cheer you on.
I'm looking for a new race now and this time I'll sign up immediately.

On another note. Does anyone else find the weekends to play havoc with good intentions. I do well during the week as far as eating healthy and limiting portions but on Sunday it all goes out the window--especially the first Sunday of the month. We had dinner with Scott's family on Sunday afternoon and it was delicious so I ate more than enough. I tried to only have double servings of fruit salad but not to be and then came cake and ice cream after. I was just going to have a couple of bites but alas that didn't happen either. And then the small evening snack went awry too! As Sheri Dew put it "If Life wasn't so hard it would be easy" or something like that. I'm sure a lot of people say that with profound seriousness but that title of her book has always made me chuckle. So simply put but so profound and deep--if you want to go there--but not me. I'm simply trying to stop eating chocolate cake, lace up my running shoes and maybe comb my hair before I hit the road.
Good luck to everyone this week. Keep trying to climb your mountains.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nancy, I'm so sorry that you didn't make it in the race. And no I didn't either. I didn't know you had to move that fast to get in. Wow. Next year we will know. Yes, fast Sunday is the worst. I think because you haven't eaten for hours - once you can you put it in over drive and all self control is lost.