Monday, September 7, 2009

LOTOJA countdown!!

I can't believe it's September!! Three more days and I head to Kaysville to pick up my LOTOJA packet then Friday we leave for Logan (actually Preston, ID) that's were most of us are starting the ride. The last two weeks have just flown by and I'm excited for this weekend. I've been riding Suncrest and Emigration canyon to beef up my climbing skills and hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my riding pals to summit as queen of the mountain. Not "the numero uno" queen of the mountain but I'll crown myself if I can make it to the top and still have something left to finish the rest of my leg of the race. I have mapped out my 46 miles down to how fast I have to ride each mile to finish in 3 hours. I might be obsessing a little.
The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful this weekend--mid 70°'s--so by the time I start riding 10am ish it should be perfect. Hopefully my stomach will be calm, my legs strong and the wind at my back.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How exciting Nancy! You'll have to let us know how it goes or went - for some reason I'm not seeing this until late.