Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fall Runs

Jaime and Laura, thanks for the concern. You don't sound like my mother--she wants me to quit riding completely and learn to knit but you can't be too careful when knitting you could poke your eye out and fall out of your chair and fall on the needle!!! I do get a little cocky sometimes and then something small happens like a little loose gravel or a car pulling out but it makes me more aware so it's all good.

I found some races that we could run together in the fall. There is Snow Canyon half marathon (St. George ) on Nov 7th. Save a Sister 10K & 5K on Oct 24th in St. George (might be appropriate for a girls trip), the Schutzenfest 5k in Midway on Sept 26. They are all held on Saturday. There are a couple more on Sept 5th but I don't want to run a half marathon a week before I go ride LOTOJA.

Any thoughts??

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well with the shape that I'm in I would say the Midway one would be doable. Not ready to commit to the 1/2 marothons this year. That is going to have to be a long term goal for next spring/summer. I know that sound like I don't have any motivation (but I really do). I have hurt my knee and so I'm waiting for just a little. Such a set back for getting in shape. But, I think Midway is doable. I would cheer you athletes on for the others.