Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Belated 4th & 24th!!

July has gone by crazy fast. I'm still riding 3-4 times a week but still haven't been able to lace my sorry self into my running shoes and get out there. Cole and I have been working on house projects for two weeks and then last week we were in Lake Powell--yes "IN" Lake Powell. 100 degress + all week. We did a lot of floating in the water as a substitute for a/c. We did manage to get some wakeboardin and skiing in on the dawn patrol and evening runs--incredible. I've forgotten how much fun it is. The adults can still teach the next generation a thing or too.

I tried to limit the treats and sugar intake during the week but alas my addiction overpowered me. I brought home a little extra weight and now I'm kicking myself because I've got to lose it all over again.

I did manage to ride up AF Canyon again the day before we left for Powell. More suffering on the way up but the ride down was incredible--42 mph and that was coasting. Soooo much fun. I only hit that speed on the straight away by Mutual Dell and then it's 26 to 32 mph after that. AF Canyon is on the schedule 4 more times before Sept. I'm still slower than I want but I can see a little bit of progress. I'm still dragging during the day. Trying to keep the sugar to a minimum and drinking lots of water but my energy level is low---very frustrating. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Be safe and watch out for bears. (I haven't seen any up AF Canyon so I'm doing great--I did yell that breakfast was over so maybe that took care of them)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lake Powell is so fun. I'm jealose. Way to go on AF canyon. Poor energy is hard to deal with. Usually its because a vitamin deficiency. Maybe take a good vitamin and try to have a power nap in the afternoon.