Monday, September 20, 2010

Herriman Sprint Triathlon

http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/335090303
http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/335010649
http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/335011230
http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/335090441
(you'll have to copy and paste)
Here are some very flattering pictures from the triathlon. I thought I was looking cute in my wet suit until I saw this picture--oh well.

The triathlon was incredible. I am looking forward to the next one but with a lot more swimming time prep before hand. Swimming in open water with no walls to hold on to to rest plus being in a race with people witnessing my slow progress is a little nerve racking. I was in the last wave of racers to start and so my goal was to not be the last one in the water. I did it but not by much. One good thing of being in the 40+ female group is everyone else has started and cleared out of the first transition area before I've even begun but the downside is that it leaves you feeling like you're bring up the rear (which you are) and that you must be very slow. I didn't get passed by anyone on the bike or run but I was feeling like a I was trying to catch up to Scott, Lynn and Jacob the entire time. I forgot that the timing chip starts as each person starts their own race--so of course it doesn't matter that we all started at different times.
The transition from the swimming to the bike was easy because it was down hill right off the bat but the bike to running is funny because your legs are a little bit wobbly at first. The picture of me walking is really me running. Yes I know that pictures don't lie but I really was running just running very slow. This is how a 10 minute mile pace looks and I really didn't stop once. I had a hard time convincing Scott that I didn't stop and walk because of this picture. My other running pictures look really funny like I'm going to break my hip or at least throw something out of joint. Oh how humbly zazoosh pictures can be. And I forgot my viser to wear during running so my hair is all weird from being wet and then wearing a helmet. I glad I could provide some entertaining pictures for my posterity.
All in all I was nervous but determined, tired but exhilarated and happy at the results but now fired up to be faster and stronger next year.

No comments: