Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It seems like my posting days ended with LOTOJA and I'll admit that I've felt like my life's purpose ended also. I've been wondering what I'm supposed to do when I get up each day and Scott's been wondering what I actually do each day since I stopped riding. Not a whole lot I say and he sadly shakes his head. Yes I've been in a funk since I stopped riding. Why did I stop you say--well the week after LOTOJA I took a break, then I got sick for a week and then the weather turned cold and rainy and before I knew it a whole month had gone by with no riding. Scott felt sorry for me so a week ago he took me down to St George and I rode in their fall Tour de St. George. It felt great to be back on the bike although the ride had a lot of big hills and after 67 miles my fanny was screaming to get off the bike. The weather was beautiful in the afternoon but chilly at 8am when we started. Jack had a ball staying in a hotel, being the center of attention of 4 adults, swimming at the pool and getting free cookies from the waiter at the restaurant because he was hamming it up. The weekend was awesome. Just the thing to pull me out of my funk.
I finally pulled out my running shoes again this week. I'm starting all over again it seems but at least I'm doing something and it feels good to move. I've had to accept the hard fact that at this age if I let up at all that I'm not so quick to bounce back and if I'm not paying attention to what I eat all my hard work is for nought very quickly.
I do have some motivation back though to cut out the mindless grazing. Scott is taking me on a second honeymoon for our 20th wedding aniversary coming up in January--somewhere warm with beautiful beaches. I'm all a flutter with excitement.
I have been doing something with my waking time besides eating---I'm painting. I've finally made a decision on colors and I've painted my hallway and bathroom and now I'm working on the kitchen. It's moving slower than I'd like it to--too many interuptions from the three yr old and yes even the 18 yr old but I'm excited that I was finally able to make a decision on the colors and I love how it is turning out. A dark gold (the color of dry mustard) in the hallway and bathroom, and green in the kitchen. It looks great with my Autumn Leaves dark orange/red in the living room. I'm definitely a autumn person.
I hope everyone is doing well. Lori it was fun to see pictures of your trip to Korea and Laura I love looking at your photography pictures. Do you only take pictures of beautiful people?
Have a fun and safe Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm impressed Nanci-way to pull back out the running shoes. It is tough to stay motivated--I'm excited to see pictures of the painting project!

Laura said...

Hey Nancy, It's good to see you posted again. I love to read your posts - they motivate me to get moving.